Many years ago I remember that 0800 numbers were free to call from mobile phones as well as land lines. That all changed a long time ago though and 0800 numbers are chargable calls – which is annoying when most phone call packages come with plenty of minutes nowadays.
Here is a neat trick though to be able to call 0800 numbers using your inclusive minutes.
1. Go to 0800buster.co.uk
2. Note the number in the top left hand corner of the page (this is randomly displayed from their pool of numbers so if one doesn’t work, just refresh and try another!)
3. Store it in your mobile for when you need to dial an 0800.
To call an 0800 you can now call that 0800buster number and enter the 0800 you would like to call, followed by #
You can even store numbers in your phone book by using the pause function on your mobile – see the 0800buster site for details
There have been several rumours recently about the spec of the next, rumoured iPhone.
The Apple iPhone Apps site has given a good roundup and review of them – see here. All sounds plausible to me – certainly along the lines of what I was thinking!
* 32GB and 16GB to replace current capacities
* $199 and $299 price-points to be maintained
* 3.2 Megapixel camera
* Video recording & editing capabilities
* Ability to send a picture & video via MMS
* Discontinuation of the metal band surrounding the edge of the device
* OLED screen
* 1.5X The battery life
* Double the RAM and processing power
* Built-in FM transmitter
* Apple logo on the back to light up
* Rubber-tread backing
* Sleeker design
* Built-in compass
* Revolutionary combination of the camera, GPS, compass, and Google maps to identify photo and inform about photo locations.
* Turn by turn directions
* July 17th, 2009 release date
The article also